‹ Go back to overview
Evaluation of the Humanitarian Aid in favour of the population of Cuba
Field of Expertise:
Health Service Delivery/Health Programmes/BoDAid Effectiveness / Development effectiveness; Humanitarian aid
Narrative description of project:
The goals of the evaluation were to:
- analyse the opportunity and the level of achievement of the global humanitarian plan and of the micro projects in favour of the Cuban population;
- analyse the level of accomplishment of the objectives and the effectiveness of the resources allocated;
- analyse and quantify the impact of aid;
- analyse the role played by ECHO in the decision process, and in the other activities for which the services of the European Commission are responsible;
- verify the visibility of ECHO both in the beneficiary regions as with the authorities and local partners;
- establish precise and concrete recommendations about the future of financing of ECHO;
- identify eventual new channels for distribution of humanitarian aid;
- examine the link between emergency-rehabilitation-development: what types of aid could be substituted or could be taken over from humanitarian aid?
Description of services provided:
The expert worked in close collaboration with the representatives of ECHO, the partners of ECHO, the local authorities, the international organisations and other donors, in order to evaluate the aid programme of ECHO.