Situational Analysis of FGM stakeholders and interventions in Somalia
Field of Expertise:
Health Service Delivery; PHC/MNCH/RH/Nutrition/W&S; Reproductive Health / Maternal health / newborn health
Narrative description of project:
Somalia is one of the world’s most fragile states with alarming health indicators. Global data on FGMC suggests that about 98% of women in Somalia have undergone Female Genital Mutilation (FGM/C).
In order to ensure a coherent approach and a better understanding of what is happening, DFID and the UNJP commissioned a situational analysis to gain a greater understanding of existing interventions and identify the gaps to strengthen the current interventions.
• Enable government to prioritise specific elements for FGM/C prevention.
• Guide government policy and strategies to tackle FGM/C at the zonal level.
• Identify existing major FGM/C interventions and implementing partners.
• Examine the effectiveness of collaboration between key partners in FGM/C in order to strengthen coordination.
• Identify lessons learnt and best practices to be incorporated into the next phase of implementation.
• Identify challenges faced in the previous phase of implementation with a view of addressing in the next phase.
• Identify further areas for research.
Nouveau Programme de la Coopération Financière Allemande dans le Secteur de la Santé et des Droits Reproductifs et Sexuels au Burundi